Drive Your Future.
Transdev and its predecessor companies have operated private for-hire passenger transportation services for over 100 years. We are the largest operator of taxicab and airport shuttle services in cities such as Baltimore, Kansas City and Pittsburgh. In addition to major taxicab businesses in Florida, we also provide shared-ride shuttle service at 40 of the 50 largest airports in the U.S.
We care deeply about improving the mobility of our passengers and their quality of life. We also highly value our employees, independent contractors and franchise owner drivers, and partner with them to provide quality service to our passengers.
Looking for career opportunities?
This page is for independent contractors, but Transdev offers full-time and part-time employment opportunities, too. Browse and learn about positions at Transdev specific to your skills and interests on our careers page.
Join the most recognized name in the airport ground transportation industry! SuperShuttle is America’s leading door-to-door airport shuttle, transporting over 9 million passengers a year in over 40 leading airports. With an emphasis on safety and guest services, SuperShuttle’s exclusive routing and dispatch system, along with its ongoing vehicle maintenance programs and its commitment to provide quality service, guarantees a timely, economical, and efficient shared-ride transportation method.
Join the premier sedan and SUV service that offers upscale, private transportation to and from the airport, business meetings, social events or trips around town. More comfortable than a taxicab and more cost effective than a limousine, ExecuCar is known for its exceptional customer service and experienced, courteous drivers.
Work With Us
Transdev On Demand has a long history of working successfully with Independent Contractors (IC’s). Today, we contract with hundreds of driver-owners that own and operate vehicles and who value independence and innovation.
We are looking for independent contractor operators with clean driving records, clean background checks, and great customer service skills. This is a position as an independent contractor, not that of an employee and does not have benefits or a guaranteed hourly wage.
A commercial driver’s license is not typically required of our independent contractors; however, there may be exceptions depending on contracts or regulatory authorities. Here are some of our requirements.
- Ability to pass DOT physical exam.
- A valid driver’s license relevant to the state(s) you would be transporting passengers within (some states require a transportation provider to be of a minimum age).
- A clean DMV driving record. Due to the safety of our passengers, we cannot accept offenses related to drug or alcohol or demonstrate any unsafe driving behaviors. Please obtain a copy of your official delivering record (Motor Vehicle Record or MVR) from the local Driver’s Motor Vehicle (DMV) Facility to produce upon request. The report must not be more than 30 days old.
- Ability to demonstrate safe driving skills through a road test.
- Ability to pass a criminal and background check and a drug screening test (these items will be at the cost of the independent contractor applicant).
- Some roles may require the ability to lift 50 to 60 lbs.
- Have a good working knowledge of the area you will be transporting passengers to/from (airports, business centers, hotels, landmarks, tourist locations, traffic patterns, addresses).
- An IC must present a neat and clean appearance and exhibit great customer service at all times.
- An IC must be able to read, write, and speak the English language fluently (without assistance) in order to interface with passengers and staff, and external community members.
- Ability to work in the United States at any time without restrictions.
- An IC may be required to obtain a special license or operating permit from a state or local regulatory agency in order to transport passengers.