June 7, 2017
Transdev and Delphi Announce Partnership for Autonomous Mobility
We are thrilled to announce a strategic partnership with Delphi Automotive, a leading global supplier of vehicle technology, to accelerate the use of autonomous public transit shuttles and pods on open roads and city streets. The partnership will develop a comprehensive suite of integrated technology for driverless, on-demand transport on public roads that is safe, reliable, and ensures a consistently positive experience for passengers.
Our goal is to help our clients launch driverless mobility options that blend seamlessly with existing public transportation systems. Evidence is emerging that autonomous shuttles have great potential to become a genuine problem solver for cities, transit agencies, universities, airports and more. Integrating autonomous shuttles and pods into public transit will be an early arena of deployment in the evolution of autonomous mobility.
- In thousands of cities in 19 countries, we have helped clients expand their mobility ecosystems. We are dedicated to continuing with autonomous vehicles.
- Delphi is a global innovator in the development of automated driving technology platforms.
- Delphi’s partnerships—including with collision-avoidance camera expert Mobileye (recently acquired by Intel) as well as Transdev’s partnership with automaker Renault-Nissan—will spur speed and quality as we expand our shared footprint.
- The partnership’s first open road, driverless on-demand service contracts, will start in 2017 in France and expand from there to the U.S., Canada and other countries in 2018.
- Our goal is to launch and quickly expand to Level Five Autonomy, which features fully driverless operations: no driver or attendant or steering wheel—everything is controlled remotely by the central computing/tech platform.
Combining the strengths of our two companies, leaders in their respective fields, will enable Transdev to introduce innovative driverless services to our clients in our current and future operations. We are committed to bringing strong solutions to our clients and to pioneering in integrating autonomous transport systems into their mobility networks.
A Natural Partnership
- Expertise as a leading mobility operator
- Front-end relationship with passengers (ticketing,
customer info, apps)
- Routing engine and ability to connect between
- Remote control command center—linking vehicles,
command center and passengers
- Extensive experience in safety, security, and optimizing
the passenger experience
- Automated driving platform that can go into any vehicle
that Transdev specifies
- The Sensor Suite: LiDAR, Radar sensors, and cameras
- Centralized Sensing, Planning and
- Central computer platform that hosts the processing required
for the AV system and integrates Mobileye/Intel hardware
- Automated driving software
- Cloud infrastructure for updates, real-time analytics,
and data extraction